A list of things a person wants to achieve or experience, as before reaching a certain age or deadline. “What’s on your 2018 bucket list?”
We all dream about far-away places and exotic experiences, but have you ever taken the time to put pen to paper as a way to help meet your travel goals? We’re all busy, but taking the time to write down and discuss your ideas is never wasted. Here are a few tips to help you put your bucket list together.
- Buy yourself a notebook or journal book of some kind and use it only for travel related entries. Brainstorm ideas, take notes, and elaborate on why you want to go. Destinations can be timeless, like Paris, or up-and-coming, like Cuba. Use hobbies and interests to help guide you. Love wine? How about a tour of Italy wine country? Love wildlife? How about a Tanzanian safari? Love movies? How about visiting filming locales? Let the ideas flow, and watch for new ideas to come along.
- Think about what you’d like to do while on vacation in each destination. This goes along with your hobbies and interests, but also what is considered “local” in each location. Knowing this will help determine how to organize your trips and how long you need in each area. Each city has something to offer. What are your “must-do’s” while you’re in town?
- Try not to put your travels off for too long. The earlier you begin, the more you can do. Organize your bucket list by age-appropriateness activities. For example, would you rather climb a mountain at 80 years of age, or 40? We all want to be fit and healthy as we enter our golden years, but perhaps checking off the more strenuous adventures should come first.
- Look for ways to make it happen financially. Create an account just for your vacation savings and add unexpected extras to it when you can. You can travel during off-seasons, which can also be much more enjoyable and peaceful, allowing you more of a “local” perspective. Remember, goals are easier to achieve when you can see what you’re aiming for. Make that trip deposit! Where there is a will, there’s a way.
- Keep your bucket list handy and up to date. Take it to dinner with your spouse or significant other, talk about it, make plans. Make it your treasure.
Got a bucket list plan already? We’d love to help make those dreams a reality! We have agents who specialize if destinations across the world who can help. Call us today at 507-267-4857 or visit www.romancetravelgroup.com.